Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Shrimp and other Seafood topics.
Shrimp Scampi is one of the most popular shrimp recipes around. Its popularity is due to the ease of preparation and quick cooking time, not to mention the deliciousness of this dish! It is irresistible.
At Red Lobster, Shrimp Scampi is one of our most popular dishes. Customers continually rate this as their number one favorite dish! To the best of their chef's abilities, Michael LaDuke, they want to share this popular shrimp scampi recipe with you so that you can prepare it in your kitchen. It is from the Chef's Blog.... Shrimp Scampi
1 Pound Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tbsp Pure Olive Oil (not extra virgin)
2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Garlic (you may used pre-chopped from the produce section of your grocery store)
1-½ Cups White Wine (a nice Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay will work well)
½ Fresh Lemon (juice only)
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
½ Cup Butter (softened)
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped fine)
To taste Salt and Pepper
½ Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese (if desired as garnish)
1. Heat heavy bottom skillet and add olive oil, do not allow oil to smoke. Add shrimp and cook until tender and no longer translucent
2. Remove shrimp from pan and reduce heat slightly. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to brown garlic as this will produce a slightly bitter flavor. When garlic is cooked, add white wine.
3. Squeeze juice from lemon in pan, and reduce wine by half. After it is reduced, add Italian seasoning blend
4. Reduce heat to low, and slowly add butter, 1 Tbsp at a time. The butter should slowly melt into the sauce and create a nice creamy texture. If the pan is too hot the butter will separate
5. Once butter is fully incorporated, add shrimp back into sauce, add parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve with garnish of fresh cheese if desired. Scampi is great accompanied by fresh pasta