Shrimp Salad Recipe
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Shrimp and other Seafood topics.
What is a shrimp recipe?
This tangy shrimp salad can be served as a starter, in a sandwich or croissant, or as a light lunch When serving as a light lunch, serve with a slice of warm French bread. If you prefer it not so tangy, simply delete the tabasco sauce and chili powder.
Tangy shrimp salad with mango sauce
- 1 pound fresh large shrimp
- 1 mango, peeled and chunked
- 2 t lemon or lime juice, freshly squeezed or concentrated
- 1-1/2 cups of pineapple chunks
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 t tabasco sauce
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t chicken stock
- mixed lettuce leaves
- Place the mango chunks into a blender.
- Add lemon or lime juice.
- Blend until a puree.
- Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Place the shrimp, chicken stock, tabasco sauce and chilli powder in a large saucepan.
- Mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until the shrimp are cooked and turn pink.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Add pineapple chunks, chopped onion, and chopped tomato. Stir well.
- Cover the pan and place in the refrigerator.
- Chill for at least an hour or until thoroughly chilled.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture onto a bed of lettuce.
- Drizzle with the chilled mango sauce.