Seafood Health Tips
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Health Benefits of Seafood and other Seafood topics.
What is a seafood health tip?
Even though seafood is a healthy and nutritious food, there are ways to make it even better for you. Try some of these tips to enjoy an even healthier seafood experience:
RedLobster.com is a wonderful resource for seafood health tips. Some of their useful tips include:
- Substituting cocktail sauce for butter. Cocktail sauce will have you decreasing your fat content, a definite plus.
- Choose rice over french fries as your side dish. The savings in fat and carbohydrate content will have you smiling.
- Share dessert with a friend. Save calories the fun way.
- When preparing seafood, use broiling, steaming, and grilling as your method of cooking.
In addition to Red Lobster's seafood health tips, you can also:
- Choose fresh seafood salads instead of deep fried seafood.
- Buy canned tuna in water instead of oil. Discard the liquid prior to eating.
- Add poaching as a heart healthy and quick method of cooking.
- Instead of heavy sauces, squeeze a fresh orange, lime or lemon over your seafood.
- Use herbs to season your seafood instead of butter and salt.